VISA and ETA for Canada

We strongly advise all participants and authors to register for the Congress and apply for their VISA as soon as possible, as the process is lengthy! 

Please note that:  

  • ISOCARP and UEF will provide a VISA invitation letter to registered attendees only. 
  • An appointment for a Biometrics check is required before the VISA offices can start processing your application. Please take into account the time required for this process. 
  • ISOCARP and UEF will provide your details to the VISA office of Canada, for authentication purposes, but will not be able to expedite the process on your behalf. 
  • Read and following the instructions provided below is necessary for our event. 

VISA Application Instructions for UEF5+WPC59 

Depending on where you come from, you will need an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) or a VISA to enter Canada. 

Find out if you need an eTA or a VISA here:  

Step 1: Please provide the following information by email:  

- Your Name and Surname as they appear on your passport 
- Country of Birth 
- Citizenship 
- Passport number 

Step 2: We will send you your VISA invitation Letter and a PDF with instructions on how to apply- please read it carefully and do not deviate from the instructions provided 

Step 3: Apply for your VISA and arrange your Biometrics check 

Step 4: Send us your VISA Application number- Without this number we will not be able to provide your details to the VISA office and notify of your application  


If you travel through the USA (transit) to reach Canada, please note that an ESTA or an USA Transit VISA is also required.

For any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us at 

We are looking forward to seeing you all in person in Toronto! 

12412 hits